General Statement of Duties:
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that insurance eligibility/authorizations/failed claims/failed activities and related paperwork, as well as, data entry, scanning, filing, scheduling are completed accurately and in a timely manner on a daily basis for Outpatient Services in one specific location and/or other locations as may be assigned. (Floating) This position will handle daily administrative operations for Outpatient Services, Admissions, front desk and scheduler coverage, and coverage for other sites as operational needs dictate. Additionally, the incumbent will assist with intakes / phone screens and data entry, client appointment reminder phone calls, maintenance of the logs, and all other administrative duties and data entry as assigned. This position is to maintain close liaison with staff, administration, billing and finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure that all the demographic information is entered in the Carelogic system, along with the DDap assessments.
- Assure that all insurances/self pays/co pays/ eligibility/authorizations in Carelogic are done properly and timely fashion.
- Ascertain that all forms in Carelogic are filled out and payer/authorization information is correct
- Assist with data entry for DMHAS reporting purposes and all other administrative duties.
- Check and review that appointment reminder calls/no show calls or any other required phone calls to the clients are made appropriately
- Make certain that all the clinician’s schedules are booked correctly and the gaps are filled correctly.
- Serves as a backup to Outpatient Clerk /Receptionist or as needed or requested by management for any other sites
- Data entry updates for MCCA Programs as needed.
- Reviews and maintains office equipment and supplies as needed.
- Process appointment scheduling, group roster updating and accept payments at reception area as needed.
- Assists in clearing Carelogic or any other data entry errors on timely fashion.
- Provides periodic review of data to ensure accuracy.
- Provides quality customer service to our clients.
- Provides/prepares all weekly reports requested by management.
And other duties as assigned by management.
*Must be able to work one evening per week
Reports to: Program Director and/or Administrative Staff Manager
- Basic administration practices and terminology, particularly as related to AEP/DEP /Outpatient programs and all other MCCA programs
– Basic knowledge of insurances and authorizations
- Terms, practices and procedures used in all MCCA programs.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and records management.
- The function and use of standard office equipment.
- Computers and computer applications including excel spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Business arithmetic.
- Understanding and applying departmental guidelines and policies.
- Preparing clear, concise and effective materials.
– Some analytical skills to find and clear errors
- Maintaining accurate records and files
- Use of computers and computer applications and software
- Compiling information and preparing documents as instructed by management
- Coordinating multiple concurrent duties
- Maintaining confidentiality within established guidelines
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
- Ability to multi-tasking, provide details and maintain strong organizational skills
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. College coursework and/or human services training are highly preferred.
Minimum of two years of increasingly responsibility level experience in
Administrative work, preferably in substance abuse field
General Job Performance Standards
- High Integrity
- Maintenance of confidentiality
- Good business acumen
- Detailed oriented
- Process driven
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Solid customer relations
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Mobility to work in a standard office environment, use standard office equipment. Manual dexterity to use standard office equipment and supplies and to manipulate both single sheets of paper and large document holders (binders, manuals, etc.), Vision to read handwritten and printed materials and a computer screen, Hearing and speech to communicate person and by telephone
Some accommodations may be made for some physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodations.
This class description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Not all duties are necessarily performed by each incumbent. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Interested qualified candidates should submit letter of intent and resume to Human Resource Department by Monday, June 30, 2014.
Fax 203-748-2604 or click here to email your resume.
In your subject line, please reference Job #AA-Floater