The APRN (Advanced Practice Nurse) will perform comprehensive problem-focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Synthesize data from multiple sources to assists in making a diagnosis. Interpret and correlate subjective and objective data when formulating a working diagnosis. Formulate a treatment plan. Implement therapeutic intervention for clients admitted to the program. Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral and/or further evaluation and work in close collaboration with the Medical Director and attending Physician, as well as provide guidance and direction to RNs.
- Performing comprehensive history and physical examinations.
- Initial MSE.
- Order appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures.
- Order, receive and review laboratory reports and relevant lab tests/procedures in order to diagnose or manage patient condition.
- The APRN practices as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and consults with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure client health care needs are met.
- Implement strategies to promote health with clients.
- Initiate and manage client care within his/her scope of practice.
- Comply with all federal, state and funding regulatory requirements.
- Maintain client confidentiality pursuant to Federal, State and HIPAA regulations.
- Accurate and timely coordination/completion of assignments as directed by the Medical Director and/or VP of Behavioral Health.
Education, Training & Credentials
- MSN degree from an accredited college
- Current State of Connecticut RN and APRN license or PA license
- Familiarity with the medical complications in treating substance abuse, co-occurring and mentally ill clients.
*New APRN and PA Graduates are welcomed to apply.
Interested qualified candidates should submit letter of intent and resume to Human Resources at 203-748-2604.
In your subject line, please reference Job #PT-APRN
Click here to Email your resume.
Please do not telephone or contact directly, only resumes submitted by fax or email will be considered.
MCCA is an equal opportunity employer.