MCCA, Inc. in Danbury, CT. is seeking full-time facility cook for day shift and weekend.
General Statement of Duties:
The Facility Cook is responsible for the facility’s food program. This involves ensuring the safety of all clients and staff, the economical purchasing of food, the creation of nutritious menus, the supervision and training of clients in the preparation of the meals and safety.
1) The planning of all menus in accordance with a Registered Dietitian, which includes menu substitutions, kept in a log.
2) Schedule and train new clients for work in the kitchen and dining room. Teach them all necessary safety precautions involving the physical kitchen and surrounding areas, as well as food preparation, the health codes, and sanitation requirements.
3) Storage of food in a safe and efficient manner, with proper rotation of stock.
4) The ordering of all food for the facility.
5) Inventory all food products.
6) Stay within budget guidelines and constraints.
7) Investigate all opportunities to purchase low cost food products.
8) Provide special diets for clients as prescribed by their physician.
9) Demonstrate interpersonal skills with clients.
10) And all other assigned duties.
The Facility Cook works under the direction of the Program Director or Site Supervisor.
The Facility Cook shall have a high school diploma or GED. Candidate will also have specialized training in cooking and at least two years of experience as a full-time cook. Must have ServPro Certification or be able to obtain it within 30 days of employment.
Direct Cooking or Culinary Experience: 2 years
Interested qualified candidates should submit letter of intent and resume to Human Resources at 203-748-2604.
In your subject line, please reference Job #Cook-Danbury
Click here to Email your resume.
Please do not telephone or contact directly, only resumes submitted by fax or email will be considered.