General Statement of Duties
The Substance Disorder Technician is accountable for the monitoring and well-being of all admitted clients as well as handles administrative functions and maintains the security of the facility.
- Responsible for security and safety of all clients, building(s) and grounds.
- In some programs may be required to facilitate initial procedures for admission, including completion of required intake forms, releases, collection of initial assessment and recommendations for treatment planning. Apply eligibility and diagnostic criteria to determine client appropriateness for treatment in various modalities.
- Monitor all client activity and behavior and report all abnormalities to supervisor.
- Input and check data entry on Care logic system. Handle administrative and clerical duties as assigned by management.
- Encourage clients to participate in any in-house and outside Self-Help Meetings on a regular basis.
- Documentation of pertinent information related to facility operations or compromises the welfare of the clients.
- Conduct hourly checks of building(s) and grounds during the shift to assure safety rules and regulations are being adhered to and all facility systems are running and properly documented; i.e., refrigeration and heating.
- Responsible for monitoring the self-administration of client medication, documentation, medication count and the prescribing physician’s orders – date, dosage; monitor any changes thereof.
- Check and monitor the fire alarm system and conduct fire drills as necessary.
- Alert designated staff when weather is inclement in order to provide for proper snow/ice removal.
- Respect clients’ rights; adhere to confidentiality according to state and federal guidelines/regulations.
- Remain familiar with MCCA’s policies and procedures.
- Remain customer service driven.
- As assigned screen, intake, orient, assess and evaluate all admissions for appropriateness of care / treatment modality.
- As assigned provide basic intervention and education on substance abuse and related 12-step programs, i.e., AA, NA and Motivational Counseling.
- As assigned coordinate clients’ placement into appropriate level of continuing long-term substance abuse care.
- Document all pertinent information related to clients’ assessment, evaluation, admission and discharge.
- Observe and monitor clients on an on-going basis.
- As appropriate, maintain contact with hospital emergency room staff as necessary.
- Maintain good working relationship with service providers; i.e., hospital, police, treatment centers.
- As assigned, maintain efficient assessment and referral source system.
- As assigned, maintain efficient system of volunteer recruitment.
- As necessary serve food.
- Clean and maintain facility.
- Ensure shift coverage that may require occasional mandatory overtime.
- As assigned, transport clients to related service agencies for continuum of care when required.
- Other related duties as deemed appropriate by designated supervisor – inclusive, filing, assemble client records, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: The Substance Abuse Technician reports to the designated supervisor – Trinity Glen Work Therapy Supervisor, Sobering Center Program Manager, Detox and McDonough House Treatment Center Program Manager.
- Minimal accident/incident reports.
- Performance of screening/intake operations done with accuracy in compliance with established agency procedures and completed with a minimum of problems.
- Management of Caseload
- Assignments completed in a timely manner.
• Completion of planned discharges within agency specified time periods.
• Promptly notify appropriate staff when a client discharge is scheduled.
• Timely follow up to non-attending clients.
• Completion of caseload related paperwork within agency specified time limits.
- Communication precise, well documented
- Notify appropriate staff in the event of facility systems malfunction and/or if safety procedures have been violated and document in log.
- Snow and ice removal has been conducted.
- Proper documentation of fire drills and disaster drills performed during shift.
- Meets all documentation and monitoring activities related to the self-administration of medications.
- Rounds completed within guidelines and appropriately documented.
- Area neat and clean.
- Has a good working knowledge of MCCA’s policies and procedures.
- Adherence to state and federal confidentiality guidelines/regulations.
- Adheres to security and safety issues.
- Completed other assignments as required.
Education, Training and Credentials:
Must possess a minimum of a High School Diploma and/or GED with two year of experience working with substance disorder field or in recovery and active involvement in a 12-Step Program.
Prefer two years college with DARC, Sociology, Psychology background and/or Medical Assistance/CNA Certification Program and one year experience working with substance disorder field or in recovery and/or active involvement in a 12-Step Program
Computer proficiency in Microsoft office preferred.
Care logic experience a plus.
Bilingual (Spanish) abilities a plus.
Interested qualified candidates should submit letter of intent and resume to Human Resource:
Fax 203-748-2604 or click here to email your resume.
In your subject line, please reference Job #SubstanceDisorderTech/Kent
MCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Different medicaments approachable from the Web to why to waste time and effort going to chemist’s shop if you can lightly order medications sit at home. There are sundry cases when men should get drugs online. Discount medicine services allow consumers to gain access to their prescriptions at a fraction of the cost. Sundry drugs are used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, such as poor muscle control. The medicine is used together with other drugs to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. There were only some examples. If you’re concerned about erectile disorder, you have to know about cialis generic best price. What is the most considerable information you should view about price Comparison? Like all other drugs, Cialis is classified according of it’s main element. No doubts, sexual diseases can help depression and, even more importantly, can leave you and your partner feeling discouraged. Diabetes, venous leak, anxiety, and some remedies can reduce your interest in sex. Stress affects all facets of living including sexual health. One way to resolve sexual dysfunction is to make several onefold lifestyle changes, another is treatment. As with any natural activity, a rested body increases performance. Like all medicines, Cialis have many unwanted effects. Online sex therapist services are the only safe option if you are going to purchase drugs, like Cialis, online.