General Statement of Duties
Provide leadership of the treatment team in evaluating, planning and delivering a comprehensive recovery program for the residents and their families. Provide psychiatric evaluations, consultation, interdisciplinary team clinical leadership and medication management as needed.
- Psychiatric evaluations, medication management and treatment planning
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team clinical leadership
- Ensuring compliance by treatment team of adherence to best practices and State and Federal Regulations.
- review of medical records and consultation with clients,
- performing physical examinations,
- performing psychiatric evaluations,
- ordering any required laboratory tests,
- verifying prior medical history,
- determining appropriate medical care in either the MCCA Residential DetoxificationProgram, the MAT programs, or making a referral elsewhere for such.
- Prescribing medication as deemed appropriate.
- Performing follow-up monitoring of client medical conditions while in the relevant detox program.
- documenting findings in the medical record.
- Receive and follow-up regarding on calls from RNs and other pertinent Detox/Residential Program Personnel.
- Providing supervision and oversight for any PA or APRN working within the Detox Program.
Oversees the clinical deliver of services
This position administratively reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Mutually agreed performance standards associated with above-referenced responsibilities.
Education, Training & Credentials:
- MD Degree
- Licensed to practice in the State of CT
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Board Certification in adolescent Psychiatry a plus
- Must be familiar with the medication complications in treating substance abuse, co-occurring disordered and mentally ill clients
Interested qualified candidates should submit letter of intent and resume to Human Resource:
Fax 203-748-2604 or click here to email your resume.
In your subject line, please reference Job #PT Psychiatrist
MCCA Is An Equal Opportunity Employer