General Statement of Duties
The Substance Disorder Technician is accountable for the monitoring the well being of all clients admitted to the Intensive Residential (McDonough House or Trinity Glen) Program/Residential Detoxification Unit/Other residential program, the security of the facility and the cleanliness of the facility and phone screening/ any other data entry requirements.
- Monitor all client activities and behaviors and report all abnormalities to supervisor.
- Assist client with activities of daily living as appropriate.
- Responsible for security and safety of all clients, building(s) and grounds.
- May be required to facilitate initial procedures for admission, including completion of required intake forms, telephone screenings, releases, collection of initial assessment and recommendations for treatment planning.
- Encourage clients to participate in any in-house meetings as medically appropriate.
- Documentation (in daily log) of pertinent information related to facility operations or compromises the welfare of the clients.
- Conduct hourly checks of building(s) during the shift to assure safety rules and regulations are being adhered to and all facility systems are running and properly documented; i.e., refrigeration and heating.
- Respect clients’ rights; adhere to confidentiality according to state and federal guidelines/regulations.
- Remain familiar with MCCA’s policies and procedures.
- Remain customer service driven.
- Maintain good working relationship with service providers; i.e., hospital, police, treatment centers.
- Observe and monitor clients on an ongoing basis.
- As appropriate maintain contact with hospital emergency room staff as necessary.
- As necessary serve food.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
- Ensure shift coverage that may require occasional mandatory overtime.
- As assigned, transport clients to related service agencies for continuum of care when required.
- Maintain clear professional boundaries and follow all ethical requirements when working with clients.
- Maintain and follow dress code appropriately at all times.
- Other related duties as deemed appropriate by designated supervisor – inclusive, filing, assemble client records, thoroughly searching client’s belongings, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Substance Disorder Technician reports to the designated program director – Trinity Glen Work Therapy Supervisor, Kent Site Supervisor, Sobering Center Program Director, McDonough House Treatment Center Program Director/Substance Disorder Tech Supervisor and Detoxification unit Substance Disorder Tech Supervisor.
- Minimal accident/incident reports.
- Performance of screening/intake operations done with accuracy in compliance with established agency procedures and completed with a minimum of problems.
- Completion of all paperwork as assigned.
- Assignments completed in a timely manner.
- Communication precise, well documented
- Develop appropriate leisure program, keeping within budget guidelines.
- Notify appropriate staff in the event of facility systems malfunction and/or if safety procedures have been violated and document in log.
- Proper documentation of fire drills and disaster drills performed during shift.
- Vehicle guidelines adhered to.
- Rounds completed within guidelines and appropriately documented/Maintain bed logs.
- Areas neat and clean.
- Has a good working knowledge of MCCA’s policies and procedures.
- Adherence to state and federal confidentiality guidelines/regulations.
- Adheres to security and safety issues.
- Completed other assignments as required.
Education, Training and Credentials:
Education and Training:
Two years College; or CMA/MA/CNA
Two years of recovery and active involvement in a 12-Step Program; or
Two years experience in the substance abuse/ addiction field.
Able to work – Flexible Schedule (some Holidays and weekends)
Interested qualified candidates should submit letter of intent and resume to Human Resource:
Fax 203-748-2604 or click here to email your resume.
In your subject line, please reference Job #SD-Technician
MCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer