The Sobering Center – Therapeutic Shelter
The Sobering Center is a 16-bed transitional living program providing temporary shelter to individuals with a substance use disorder. Through our trained staff, we provide and facilitate a number of recovery-based support services for chemically dependent individuals.
Case Management Services
- Assistance obtaining Husky Insurance through Connecticut’s Health Care Program.
- Medical consultation as needed.
- Psychiatric consultation as needed.
- Access to discreet and confidential HIV/STD testing.
- Dental appointments.
- Eye appointments.
- Referral and Aftercare.
- Transportation arranged through Access Line for eligible Husky D clients.
In conjunction with local organizations the Sobering Center provides:
- Testing and counseling for HIV/STD’s by Apex Community Care.
- Counseling services by the Women’s Center of Greater Danbury.
- Access to Planned Parenthood services for women.
- Vocational Orientation offered by the Department of Labor
- Pastoral Counseling offered by the Christian Community Outreach Ministries
- Church Services
We Encourage Referrals From
- Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities
- Local Mental Health Authorities
- Homeless Shelters
- Medical/Legal Profession
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Social Service Agencies
- Religious Organizations
- Family Members
- Screened For Appropriateness and Eligibility
- 18 Years or older
- Medically Stable
- Psychiatrically Stable
- Motivational Counseling
- Intensive Outpatient
- Individual Counseling
- Daily Reflections Meetings
- Wrap-Up Meetings
- Life Skills Groups
- Outside AA Meetings
- Outside NA Meetings
- 12 Steps to Faith Meeting
- Recreational Activities
- Medicaid approved
- MCCA participates in the General Assistance Behavioral Health Program
- Sliding fee scale is available for those who qualify
Asking for help is the first step.
MCCA is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) 3 non-profit community-based organization.
38 Old Ridgebury Rd, Danbury, CT 06810