Region V Case Management
We believe case management services should be pragmatic, client driven and culturally sensitive to the individuals. Our approach emphasizes respect, independence and self-empowerment.
Case Management offers the client a single point of entry into the health and social service system. When dealing with individuals with a substance use disorder and diverse services, the need to promote their best interest is paramount. Our goal is to serve as a liaison and provide guidance, support and advocacy throughout the community-based social service system.
- Two or more admissions to detox or inpatient treatment facilities within the last six months; or have shown frequent use of community resources (i.e., ED visits, police involvement or shelter stay).
- Meet the DSMV criteria for Primary Axis I substance dependence and may show mild – moderate Psychiatric Symptom Severity.
Demonstrate three of the following:
- History of needing continuous supportive treatment.
- Current housing difficulties; or homelessness that may increase the risk of relapse.
- Lack of financial resources and system supports.
- Involved in or appropriate for specialized services (i.e., DCF, AIC, probation and parole).
- Develop an individualized recovery-based plan, based upon an assessment of the client’s identified needs.
- Assist clients with procuring benefit entitlements through the Department of Social Services.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other community-based service and treatment providers.
- Assist clients in obtaining stable housing.
Region V Case Management targets the needs of individuals with a substance use disorder who are prone to chronic relapse and repeated use of community acute care services.
Referrals may be faxed to: 203-743-4802
Attention: Region V Case Management
To learn more contact a case manager at
MCCA is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) 3 non-profit community-based organization.
38 Old Ridgebury Rd, Danbury, CT 06810